New Year’s Eve recipes should be easy and delicious. Don’t finish the year off in the kitchen, use these make-ahead family recipes so you can enjoy the evening with your kids!
Woah. Flashback Time! Can you believe those tiny peanuts are my girls from 2011?? New Year’s Eve gets me overly sentimental each and every year. I can hardly believe how fast the years pass us by.
We love to spend New Year’s Eve day over at our favorite bowling alley. We bowl a few rounds, have a lunch at their awesome restaurant, and then come home for a quiet evening in. We watch movies, listen to music, and just count the year down together.
Even though it is usually just us, I try to have something delicious for us to enjoy for our last meal of the year. Sometimes we do a full dinner, other times we make a meal out of appetizers and dessert.
Today I’m sharing some of our favorite New Year’s Eve recipes for you that fits the bill for both of those meal styles. Everything is easy, most of it can be made ahead.
Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope you have a great one.
P.S. Like to celebrate? Get on the list!!
I love sharing seasonal recipes and ideas for celebrating the holidays. While these recipes are perfect for New Year’s Eve, I’ll be back next year with oodles of great ideas for the holidays all year long. Be sure to get on my weekly email list where I share the latest ideas for making every season special:
All the easy New Year’s recipes you need for your family:
Easy New Year’s Eve recipes your family will love:
Whether you need a simple soup and sandwich, a fancier sit-down meal, or a hearty appetizer, these are our favorite recipes for New Year’s Eve:
Casual dinner ideas:
Go with a ham slider sandwich and a pot of soup for an easy-peasy dinner. Here are some of our favorites:
- Irresistible melty, gooey ham and cheese sliders
- Spicy sausage and lentil soup
- This chicken wild rice soup is extra easy
- Foolproof rum raisin bread
Fancier (but still easy!) dinner ideas:
If you like to have a more formal meal to end the year, these elegant dinners are totally kid-friendly and super easy to prep ahead:
- Easy lasagna roll ups you can make ahead
- Easy make-ahead macadamia crusted halibut with quick lemon butter cream sauce
- Rum glazed pork tenderloin
- Blue cheese and cranberry stuffed pork tenderloins
- This steak marinade recipe has the funniest name but is the MOST delicious
New Year’s appetizers kids love:
Maybe you prefer to snack the night away for your party? These appetizers are a huge hit with kids:
- Easy make-ahead spicy artichoke dip
- The best ever spicy taco dip with cream cheese
- Swedish meatball dip with tater tot dunkers
- Oriental chicken layer dip
- Buffalo blue cheese potato chips
These snack mixes are super easy to set out for nibbling:
New Year’s Eve beverage recipes for the whole family:
If you want something other than traditional sparkling wine, here are our favorite cocktails and festive kid-friendly beverages for New Year’s Eve:
- Festive pomegranate punch with sparkling Prosecco
- Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet
- The best hot cocoa packets: a taste test activity for the kids
- Make your own holiday coffee bar for the adults
- Sea salt and vanilla bean homemade caramel sauce: for drizzling over hot cocoa or other beverages
Simple New Year’s Eve desserts for kids:
We like simple and individually portioned treats for New Year’s. I usually stick to cookies or parfaits.
- 3 ingredient grasshopper fudge parfaits
- Peppermint candy bark cookies
- Foolproof Mexican hot chocolate cookies
- 10 semi homemade Christmas cookies that will save your sanity
- or you could set up a sugar cookie decorating activity for the kids with these sugar cookie tips
New Year’s Day brunch recipes for the family:
We start our new year off with a big breakfast and a family hike somewhere locally. For a hearty (but EASY!) breakfast, here are some of our favorite recipes:
- Overnight bourbon pecan French toast bake
- Best Ever French Toast
- Cheese and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Southwestern Quiche
- Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls