New Year’s Eve recipes should be easy and delicious. Don’t finish the year off in the kitchen, use these make-ahead family recipes so you can enjoy the evening with your kids!
Woah. Flashback Time! Can you believe those tiny peanuts are my girls from 2011?? New Year’s Eve gets me overly sentimental each and every year. I can hardly believe how fast the years pass us by.
We love to spend New Year’s Eve day over at our favorite bowling alley. We bowl a few rounds, have a lunch at their awesome restaurant, and then come home for a quiet evening in. We watch movies, listen to music, and just count the year down together.
Even though it is usually just us, I try to have something delicious for us to enjoy for our last meal of the year. Sometimes we do a full dinner, other times we make a meal out of appetizers and dessert.
Today I’m sharing some of our favorite New Year’s Eve recipes for you that fits the bill for both of those meal styles. Everything is easy, most of it can be made ahead.
Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope you have a great one.
P.S. Like to celebrate? Get on the list!!
I love sharing seasonal recipes and ideas for celebrating the holidays. While these recipes are perfect for New Year’s Eve, I’ll be back next year with oodles of great ideas for the holidays all year long. Be sure to get on my weekly email list where I share the latest ideas for making every season special:
Easy New Year’s Eve recipes your family will love:
Whether you need a simple soup and sandwich, a fancier sit-down meal, or a hearty appetizer, these are our favorite recipes for New Year’s Eve:
- Irresistible melty, gooey ham and cheese sliders
- Spicy sausage and lentil soup
- Easy lasagna roll ups you can make ahead
- Easy make-ahead macadamia crusted halibut with quick lemon butter cream sauce
- Swedish meatball dip with tater tot dunkers
- Oriental chicken layer dip
New Year’s Eve beverage recipes for the whole family:
If you want something other than traditional sparkling wine, here are our favorite cocktails and festive kid-friendly beverages for New Year’s Eve:
- Festive pomegranate punch with sparkling Prosecco
- Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet
- The best hot cocoa packets: a taste test activity for the kids
- Make your own holiday coffee bar for the adults
- Sea salt and vanilla bean homemade caramel sauce: for drizzling over hot cocoa or other beverages
Simple New Year’s Eve desserts for kids:
We like simple and individually portioned treats for New Year’s. I usually stick to cookies or parfaits.
- 3 ingredient grasshopper fudge parfaits
- Peppermint candy bark cookies
- Foolproof Mexican hot chocolate cookies
- 10 semi homemade Christmas cookies that will save your sanity
- or you could set up a sugar cookie decorating activity for the kids with these sugar cookie tips
New Year’s Day brunch recipes for the family:
We start our new year off with a big breakfast and a family hike somewhere locally. For a hearty (but EASY!) breakfast, here are some of our favorite recipes:
- Best Ever French Toast
- Cheese and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Southwestern Quiche
- Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls