Pomegranate punch is a festive cocktail to serve at any holiday party from Thanksgiving to Christmas or New Year's Eve. Sparkling prosecco, shiny red pomegranate seeds, and fresh citrus fruits make this a merry and bright beverage for all.
This holiday season, I wanted to plan for a brighter, lighter way to celebrate with a sparkling pomegranate punch that can be made into a cocktail with prosecco or a mocktail with sparkling white grape juice.
Pretty red pomegranate seeds, fresh juicy cubes of pineapple, bright citrusy orange slices, and bubbly wine sounds just about perfect together, don't they?
This pomegranate punch recipe is the perfect beverage to serve at your holiday gathering because everyone at the table can partake and enjoy it as an adult beverage with the wine or a sparkling mocktail for the whole family.
Why This is the Best Recipe
When I set the table for a special holiday feast, I always place my sparkly crystal at each place setting.
I think this is the best pomegranate punch recipe because:
- Festive and Fresh: I love the bright red pomegranate juice and pomegranate seeds, they feel elegant and special for any holiday from Thanksgiving through Christmas and New Year's.
- Easy to Mix: No special bartending tricks required, simply stir the punch together.
- Sugar Free: For those that need to avoid added sugars, this cocktail recipe is made with Splenda!
- Delicious for the Whole Family: Whether you have family and friends who prefer a non-alcoholic mocktail or you want to enjoy a toast with the whole family, including the kids, this drink can be adjusted easily for everyone at the table.
This easy holiday cocktail only needs a few fresh ingredients to make it:
- Pomegranate Juice: You might find this in the refrigerated section of the produce department at the grocery store.
- Sparkling Wine or Prosecco: If you want to make this a mocktail, you can use sparkling white grape juice instead.
- Fresh Pineapple
- Pomegranate Seeds: You can either buy a pomegranate and seed it yourself or look for a cup of pomegranate seeds near the pomegranate juice.
- Sugar or Splenda: You can use regular sugar or keep it artificial sugar-free and use Splenda instead.
Set up the Beverage Station or Punch Bowl
You can mix the entire batch of punch directly in a punch bowl and simply serve it with a ladle.
Alternatively, you could set up a mix-your-own beverage station with all the ingredients offered up separately in pretty dishes and pitchers.
I have a friend who is terribly allergic to oranges, so we always go with the later. You never know how someone may prefer to mix their drink.
A beverage station is a great option if you have guests who prefer to mix a mocktail, too.
Sugar-Free vs. Sugar
Pomegranate juice gives the punch it's lovely red color but can be quite sour all on it's own.
I mixed in a little SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend to keep it light and sweet.
I love how the SPLENDA® dissolves so easily into the juice and doesn't leave a gritty texture.
But if you really don't want to use the Splenda, you can absolutely substitute regular sugar in a 1:1 ratio. Just be sure to stir it long enough for the sugar to dissolve completely.
You can assemble the drink as directed but just simply substitute a bottle of sparkling white grape juice for the prosecco.
This is a perfect beverage to keep in your party rotation as we head into the festive holiday season.
The pretty red pomegranate seeds are such a sweet surprise and the whole beverage is so much lighter than the usual rich Thanksgiving or Christmas fare.
It would make a fun cocktail for New Year's Eve or even a festive holiday brunch.
Pomegranate Punch with Prosecco
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle sparkling wine like Prosecco OR 1 bottle sparkling white grape juice
- 2 oranges sliced thinly
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ice cubes
- Wash and slice the oranges, dice the pineapple, and peel the pomegranate. Set aside.
- Stir the SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend into the pomegranate juice and pour them into a pretty pitcher. Pour the bottle of wine or grape juice into the pomegranate juice and gently stir.
- Serve over glasses of ice and garnish with orange slices, pineapple, and pomegranate seeds.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!