15-minutes to perfect chicken tenderloins in the air fryer that are tender, juicy and cooked to perfection with practically no effort. This healthy recipe has no bread crumbs, simply coat the chicken in olive oil and season the tenders and you're minutes away from having the perfect chopped chicken for salads, pizzas, pasta dishes, or dips.
Once I made chicken tenderloins in the new air fryer my husband surprised me with at Christmas, I wondered why on earth I waited so long to try this new craze.
This compact countertop appliance makes the juiciest, most tender chicken we've ever tried. In less than 15 minutes I can have savory seasoned chicken tenderloins for chopping and using in our favorite fresh salads, stirring into a pasta dish, or sprinkling over a homemade pizza.
I love that with less than a minute of prep and almost no attention at all, the chicken cooks up crisped on the outside but soft and so tender it is nearly shreddable on the inside.
It is the fastest and easiest way I know of to make chicken for a busy weeknight dinner.
What do you need to make this?
The ingredients couldn't be easier:
- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins, about roughly 1 pound
- Olive oil
- Your favorite seasoned salt
- An Airfryer
A few things to note:
Don't overcrowd the airfryer basket with too much chicken or it won't cook properly. There should be breathing room around each piece of chicken so stick to just 7 - 8 tenderloins total.
If you need more than a single package of chicken for your dinner, you could make two separate batches one after the other, just not at the same time.
How do you cook the chicken in the air fryer?
First, preheat the air fryer to 400°F while you prepare the chicken.
Then, add the chicken in a single layer. Do not add foil or anything else but the chicken to your air fryer basket.
Cook the chicken for 7 minutes and then flip with a pair of tongs. I prefer to use a silicone coated pair so my air fryer basket's non-stick coating won't get scratched.
Finish the chicken by cooking for 7 more minutes or until the internal temperature reads 185°F.
What can you use the chopped chicken for?
My daughter declared this the BEST chicken ever. She couldn't stop nibbling on the chunks of chicken from my cutting board.
You could serve the tenderloins as your main protein for dinner and simply pair it with your favorite side dishes.
Otherwise, I would absolutely use this chicken for adding to:
- Add to a Salad: Put on a bed of Caesar Salad, a fruity salad with Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette, or on the side with our favorite Simple Citrus Salad.
- Stir into a Pasta Dish: This adds a boost of protein to our favorite Homemade Alfredo Sauce, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and add to this Fresh Tomato Pasta Toss, or add a savory touch to my favorite Lemon Butter Pasta with Chives.
- Top a Homemade Pizza: Try the best Barbecue Chicken Pizza or this yummy Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pizza.
Yes, you can cook the chicken directly from frozen. Just add another minute of cook time and be sure the internal temperature reads 185°F.
This recipe will be done in 15 minutes of cooking time.
What kind of seasoned salt to use?
We've tried many commercially prepared seasoned salts over the years, you could use whichever brand you happen to have on hand and this recipe will work just fine.
That said, I recently made my own seasoned salt recipe and keep it on hand for this chicken or sprinkling over roasted potatoes. It has a little less salt in the mix and more of the other seasonings, so I feel a lot better about serving it to my family. You can find our favorite seasoned salt recipe here.
If you’ve tried making these healthy chicken tenderloins in your air fryer or any other recipe on PeanutBlossom.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
FOLLOW along on Instagram @peanut.blossom as well as on Pinterest and Facebook.
- 1 package (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- Preheat your airfryer to 400°F while you prepare the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Use a fork to turn and coat the tenderloins.
- Sprinkle the seasoned salt over the top of the chicken, turn to coat with the fork.
- Place the chicken tenderloins in the airfryer in a single layer and cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces over and continue to cook for another 7 minutes or until they are golden brown and the internal temperature is 185°F.
- Serve hot or slice and use in your favorite recipe.
You can use whatever seasoned salt recipe you prefer but I love to make my own and keep it on hand for this chicken recipe or roasted potatoes.
How to Double the Recipe:
If you need more than a single pound of chicken for your meal, do not try to add more chicken to the air fryer or it won't cook properly. You're best bet is to cook the chicken in two separate batches so the tenderloins can be in one single layer.