This rich and creamy chicken spinach alfredo pizza is the most delicious way to use up leftover cooked chicken or Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle on fresh baby spinach and use a homemade pizza dough crust for the most delicious home baked pizza in under 30 minutes!
My daughter is simply obsessed with our quick and easy homemade Alfredo sauce. It makes a batch too big for one single pasta dinner so we usually have a cup leftover in the fridge.
I'm sure our family isn't alone with wondering what to do with that little bit of extra cooked chicken in the fridge that isn't enough for a full meal.
This homemade pizza recipe is the perfect solution for using up those little bits of ingredients hanging around.
But you know what?? It is so delicious that you just might find yourself making Alfredo sauce just so you can have this dinner!
What Do You Need To Make This?
The ingredients for this chicken alfredo pizza couldn't be easier:
- Alfredo sauce: I highly recommend making our favorite Alfredo recipe. It's so easy, the kids can do it. You'll only need a cup of it so you can save the rest for making this Creamy Pesto Alfredo Chicken Casserole or the classic Freezer-Friendly Chicken Alfredo Rice Casserole.
- Cooked chicken: Grab a rotisserie chicken from the store, use whatever leftovers you've got, or take just 15 minutes to make these fantastic chicken tenderloins in the air fryer.
- Fresh baby spinach: Grab a pre-washed tub or bag of spinach from the grocery store.
- Shredded mozarella: You could use the bagged variety, but we love an easy-melt block of fresh mozzarella from the deli section. Grate it by hand in just a minute, it melts and tastes so much better.
- Sliced provolone cheese: I keep a package of this in the fridge for all our pizza baking. It is the best pizza cheese ever.
- Pizza dough: I highly recommend making your own, it only takes a few minutes of prep time, especially if you have a bread maker. However, you could also buy dough from the grocery or use a pre-baked pizza crust.
How Do You Layer the Ingredients?
First, roll out your pizza dough to a 12-inch circle.
Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil around the edges of the pizza.
Then spread 1 cup of Alfredo sauce over the pizza.
Sprinkle the chopped spinach over the sauce.
Sprinkle half the shredded cheese and all the chicken over the top.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese and rip the provolone slices into chunks and nestle them in any open areas.
Absolutely, this fresh baby spinach is an excellent way to sneak in some dark leafy greens to your family's diet. The rest of the pizza is more of a treat but this can be a great way of introducing the flavor of cooked spinach to fussy eaters.
Yes! You'll notice the amount of spinach that is called for in this recipe will look like a LOT but spinach wilts down as it cooks. By layering the spinach underneath the cheese, you're preventing it from burning. The hot cheese will help "glue" the spinach to the pizza.
How Do I Get the Pizza In and Out of the Oven?
This method for baking homemade pizza will give you the crispiest crust but requires just a little care to avoid spillage in your oven.
Assemble the pizza on a piece of parchment paper and use a metal baking pan to transfer the pizza with the parchment on and off the hot pizza stone in your oven. The stone stays in the oven the entire time, the parchment is simply the delivery service.
Let the hot stone cool inside the oven to avoid any accidental burns.
Alfredo Sauce Recipes You Will Love:
If you’ve tried this chicken spinach Alfredo pizza or any other recipe on PeanutBlossom.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
FOLLOW along on Instagram @peanut.blossom as well as on Pinterest and Facebook.