Need a healthy air fryer side dish? Learn how to cook fresh green beans in an air fryer for a quick and easy side to your busy night dinner.
One of my very favorite ways to use our air fryer is to roast healthy vegetables quickly while our main dish cooks in the oven or Instant Pot.
You could cook these green beans all at once with our air fryer salmon recipe. Or if you're not into fish, you could pair it with these healthy chicken tenderloins.
But if you just want the green beans for a side to go with another main dish, I wanted to give you the instructions for how to cook them all by themselves!
There is a lot of room for creativity with these air fryer green beans:
- Fresh Green Beans: Washed and trimmed. I always buy a bag of prepped green beans but you can wash and trim them yourself if you prefer.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper (Optional)
Green Bean Seasonings (Optional):
I love to keep various spice blends in my pantry. You can use any veggie mix your family loves on these beans for a little extra kick. Some of our favorite blends include:
- Lemon: lemon pepper or any citrus spice blend
- Garlic: garlic salt or a peppery garlic blend of any kind
- Red Pepper Flakes: You could add a dash of these to about any spice blend for gentle heat
Toss together the olive oil and green beans in a mixing bowl. Season with whatever spices you are using.
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Place the green beans in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
If you overcrowd the basket, they'll steam and not roast.
Cook for 10 minutes or until the beans are just beginning to char.
You could toss these green beans into the air fryer basket along with seasoned or marinated chicken or salmon for an easy one-pot meal. If you have another 5 minutes, consider making our favorite sticky butter rice as a delicious side!
If you’ve tried these air fryer green beans or any other recipe on PeanutBlossom.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
FOLLOW along on Instagram @peanut.blossom as well as on Pinterest and Facebook.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 2 cups fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & Pepper Optional
- Seasoning blend Optional
- Toss the green beans and olive oil together in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle 1 - 2 teaspoon of seasoning blend of your choice over the top.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes or until the beans are just beginning to char.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!
Share Your Thoughts