Bake these chicken bacon ranch sliders with shredded chicken, peppery bacon, creamy ranch, and ooey gooey cheese for a delicious party appetizer or family snack. Crispy, butter topped slider buns have the perfect texture in every bite.
Sometimes when my family is hanging around on a weekend, I like to surprise them with a fun and delicious lunch or movie night snack.
On a whim, I baked up a pan of these easy chicken bacon ranch sliders and it was no surprise that they disappeared in a flash.
Who could possibly resist those golden brown butter brushed slider buns filled with tender chicken, peppered bacon, creamy ranch, and melted cheddar cheese??
They were certainly a hit with my family, and I'm guessing they'd be a huge hit for yours, too!
Why This is the Best Recipe
Our family has been loving baking up different batches of sliders this season. I think this is the best chicken bacon ranch slider recipe because:
- Stir and Bake: Just stir together the filling and bake the sliders, the recipe is just that easy.
- Rotisserie Chicken: Start with a shredded rotisserie chicken and the recipe is even easier. You can even keep pre-shredded chicken meat frozen and ready to go.
- Peppered Bacon: While you could use any bacon you like for this recipe, my easy baked peppered bacon adds so much flavor.
- Make Ahead Friendly: You can prep the filling in advance and store it in the fridge. Then just bake and serve.
I promised this would be easy, this short list of ingredients you need to make it proves it!
- Shredded Chicken: I was able to buy already shredded rotisserie chicken meat at our grocery store. What a time saver!
- Crumbled Bacon: If you've got leftover bacon, this is a great way to use it. Or just cook up a few strips of my peppered bacon.
- Hawaiian Rolls: You can use any small slider bun you like.
- Ranch Dressing: I used a bottle of ranch to keep it easy but homemade buttermilk ranch would be even more delicious. That's up to you.
- Cheddar Cheese Slices: I love using very thin cheddar cheese slices but you could even use shredded cheddar cheese if you want.
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Italian Herb Blend
Substitution for Ranch Dressing
If you are looking for an alternative substitution for ranch dressing, you do have a few options you could choose instead:
- Homemade Ranch Dressing: You can use your favorite homemade recipe.
- Sour Cream + Ranch Seasoning: Stir together ⅓ cup sour cream and a tablespoon of dried ranch seasoning.
- Mayo + Ranch Seasoning: Stir together ⅓ cup mayo and a tablespoon of dried ranch seasoning.
Prep the Chicken Filling
Start by placing the shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, and ranch dressing in a large mixing bowl.
Gently stir it together until everything is well coated in the sauce.
Just use a light hand when you stir, cooked chicken is delicate and you want nice big chunks of meat in your sliders. If you stir too hard, it will shred too much.
Assemble the Sliders
Set a large baking pan out and line it with aluminum foil.
Slice the slider buns like a hamburger bun, keeping a small hinge connecting piece so they open like a book. Line them up neatly on the baking pan.
Spoon the chicken filling into the sliders, they will be quite full.
Break the cheddar cheese slices into quarters and put two squares on each slider bun. Close the sandwiches.
Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish on HIGH heat. Stir in the garlic salt and Italian herb blend.
Brush the melted butter over the top of the sliders.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Bake the sliders for 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown, the cheese has melted, and the chicken filling is warmed through.
If the tops are getting too dark, you can cover the pan loosely with more aluminum foil to give them more time to bake through.
Make Ahead Tips
To save time on your prep work, you can full assemble the chicken filling and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
This allows you to just assemble and bake the sliders quickly. It's also a great option if you are planning to make a double or triple batch for a big party.
For a party, you'll want to bake them fresh so they taste their best.
However, for just my family I had no problems storing leftovers in the fridge and heating them up in the microwave over a couple days.
The texture isn't the same crispy edge deliciousness, but they still taste great.
I made these chicken bacon ranch sliders as a fun weekend lunch for my family and they were a huge hit.
We all agreed they'd be an excellent leftover turkey recipe for after Thanksgiving, so we may make them again then.
Bake a big pan during your family night for New Year's Eve at home!
More Chicken Bacon Recipes
If you love the chicken bacon flavor combo, you won't want to miss these other yummy recipes:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza: All the same flavors but on a pizza crust. My family totally gobbled up this chicken bacon ranch pizza recipe.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Roll-Ups: Use crescent roll dough to make a batch of my easy chicken bacon ranch roll-ups for a fun weeknight dinner for the kids.
Sweet Corn Pizza with Chicken and Bacon: You could easily add some shredded chicken on top of my easy sweet corn pizza with bacon.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the Hawaiian buns like a hamburger bun leaving a connecting piece so they open like a book. Line them up in neat rows on the baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently stir together the cooked chicken, bacon crumbles, and ranch dressing. Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared buns.
- Add the slices of cheese over the chicken filling and close the slider sandwiches.
- In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave on HIGH. Stir in the garlic salt and Italian herb seasoning. Brush the butter mixture over the sliders.
- Bake the chicken sliders for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tops are toasted.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!