This cheesy chicken roll ups recipe is a quick dinner idea to pair with veggies and dip or a bowl of soup. Savory bacon and ranch seasoning add lots of flavor all rolled up in the French bread crust.
I recently tried serving this cheesy chicken roll up for a quick and easy dinner and it was a huge hit with the whole family.
I think it is perfect for a busy night because it only takes a few minutes to assemble and then in the 20 minutes it bakes, I can help empty backpacks, wash lunch boxes, and oversee homework!
Serve it with a prepped raw veggie platter with dip or a quick bowl of vegetable soup and it's a meal you'll feel great about feeding the kids.
Why This is the Best Recipe
I love warm sandwiches with veggies or soups for a guilt-free dinner on a busy night. I think this is the best cheesy chicken roll up recipe because:
- Easy Ingredients: You can grab all the easy ingredients at the store and have this assembled in no time.
- Crispy Golden Brown French Bread Crust: I love using refrigerated bread dough for the yummy crust.
- Kid-Friendly: Layers of melted cheese and sliced chicken seasoned with ranch and bits of bacon make this roll up sandwich a big hit with kids.
The ingredient list couldn't be easier:
- Refrigerated French Bread Dough
- Seasoned Chicken Deli Meat
- Provolone Cheese Slices
- Cooked Bacon: I use this easy peppered bacon recipe
- Green Onions
- Dry Ranch Seasoning: Using a dry ranch seasoning add all the flavor but keeps the sandwiches from getting soggy from actual ranch dressing.
How to Assemble the Roll Ups
Assembling the roll-up was easy peasy.
First, set out a large baking sheet and spray it with cooking spray. Unroll the refrigerated French bread dough on the baking sheet.
Sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning over the top.
Lay the slices of chicken meat over the top in an even layer.
Top with the sliced provolone and then the crumbled bacon and green onions.
Roll the dough back up into a log from wide edge towards the opposite wide edge.
Slice diagonal vents across the top with 4 inches between.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and firm when you tap it.
Let cool for a few minutes and then slice into sandwiches and serve.
This easy sandwich roll up recipe makes a perfect family dinner on a busy night when you pair it with a platter of raw veggies and dip or a vegetable soup.
You could make my Tuscan chicken soup and just leave out the chicken if you want an all-veggie soup.
My tomato bisque is always a great partner for a grilled sandwich, too.
Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups
- 1 (11 oz) refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 teaspoon dried ranch seasoning
- 10 slices seasoned sliced chicken from the deli
- 1 (8 oz) package provolone cheese slices
- 8 strips peppered bacon cooked & crumbled
- 3 green onions chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the dough on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with the ranch seasoning and then layer the slices of chicken, cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped green onions over the top while leaving a small border around the perimeter of the dough.
- Roll up the french bread dough like a pinwheel from long edge to long edge. Arrange on the cookie sheet with the seam side down.
- Use a paring knife to slice several ¼ inch deep cuts along the top of the bread to allow steam to escape. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice and serve warm.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!