This easy poolside dip comes together in just minutes with a can of corn, whipped cream cheese, fresh bell pepper, onions, and jalapeno peppers. Serve it with butter crackers or a hearty wheat cracker like Wheat Thins or Triscuits.
This delicious, creamy veggie dip gets the name "poolside dip" because it is the perfect snack to be nibbling on in the summer by a pool.
Filled with crunchy peppers and sweet corn, it tastes amazing spooned on top of a hearty cracker like a Triscuit or a Wheat Thin.
Made with cream cheese thinned out with the liquid from the veggies and seasoned with ranch, you won't be able to stop your friends from clearing out the dip bowl!
- Cream cheese
- Jalapeno peppers
- Red bell pepper
- Can of corn
- Ranch salad dressing dry mix packet: Our store now carries bulk ranch seasoning in a canister. If you have this on hand or prefer your own ranch seasoning blend, just use 3 tablespoons instead of the prepared packet.
- Green onions
- Fresh cilantro
Don't forget the crackers for serving!
How to Make It
Add the softened cream cheese and ranch seasonings to a large mixing bowl and beat them together until combined.
Add the mostly drained can of corn and stir it into the cream cheese. The liquid from the corn will help to thin out the texture.
Chop and prep the remaining jalapeño peppers, red pepper, cilantro, and green onions and fold them in.
Make Ahead Tips
This easy recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
This yummy veggie dip should be served either cold or at room temperature. You may need to stir it before serving as the veggies will release additional liquid as they sit in the dip.
My favorite variation for this dip is to control the level of heat.
You can use regular ranch seasoning and skip the jalapeño peppers to make it very mild.
For medium heat, use either two jalapeños or one jalapeño pepper and a spicy ranch seasoning.
For a very spicy dip, use two jalapeños and spicy ranch seasoning.
For a four-alarm spicy dip, use the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño peppers along with spicy ranch seasoning.
More Easy Dip Ideas
These delicious fruit and veggie dips are perfect served cold for a summer party:
Pool Side Dip
- 2 (8 oz) bricks of cream cheese, softened
- 2 jalapeño peppers minced (Remove the ribs and seeds first if you don't like things too spicy.)
- 1 red bell pepper small diced
- 1 (15.2 oz) can of corn, mostly drained *SEE NOTE
- 1 packet of ranch salad dressing or 3 tablespoon of ranch seasoning
- 2 - 3 green onions chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- Crackers or tortilla chips for serving
- Add the softened cream cheese and ranch seasoning to a large mixing bowl and beat together using a hand mixer. The seasonings should be thoroughly blended into the cream cheese.
- The dip needs a little of the liquid from the can of corn or it will be too thick for dipping. However, if your canned corn happens to be overflowing with packing liquid you may want to strain some off before stirring it into the dip.
- Strain the liquid from the can of corn into a measuring cup and set it aside.
- Add the drained corn to the mixing bowl and stir it into the cream cheese mixture. The liquid from the corn will help thin out the texture.
- If it is still too thick for your taste, add a teaspoon of the reserved canning liquid at a time until you reach a consistency you like.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and give it a nice stir to incorporate all the veggies into the dip.
- Garnish with additional chopped cilantro and serve alongside wheat crackers or tortilla chips.
- Tasty served room temperature or chilled.
HOW TO ADJUST THE SPICE LEVEL:
Use regular ranch seasoning and omit the jalapeño peppers.
Use two jalapeño peppers OR one jalapeño and spicy ranch seasoning.
Use two jalapeño peppers and spicy ranch seasoning.
For EXTRA HOT:
Use spicy ranch seasoning, two jalapeño peppers WITH the ribs and seeds included.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!