Spicy peach salsa is made from fresh peaches and peppers. Leave it chunky for a relish to top grilled chicken or fish or mash it a little for a smoother sauce for dunking chips.
This is our third summer living in the south and I have made it my personal mission to adopt peaches as our family's favorite summer fruit. I have used them for jam, scones, sauces, and salads, but one of my very favorite discoveries is peach salsa.
Right when I walk into my local grocery store, I find this huge display of local produce. Each product is clearly labeled with the farm that grew it.
One glance at the display and I immediately knew I wanted to use this seasonal summer staple from Titan Farms in Ridge Springs, SC.
It turns out that Titan Farms is only 2.5 hours away from our house.
The peaches I picked for this recipe were at my local store within SIX HOURS of their packing process! That is amazing. No wonder they were just the right amount of ripeness for this recipe!
This peach salsa is simple and only requires a few ingredients:
- Fresh peaches
- Red onion
- Jalapeño pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- Dried chipotle chili pepper seasoning
How to Pick the Perfect Peach
The fresh peaches you use for this recipe should be firm and heavy but give very slightly when you gently squeeze them.
If the peach doesn't give when you press, it is too crunchy to be used just yet. Simply leave it on your counter for another 24 hours before checking it again.
Prep the Peaches
I small diced everything and tossed it together in one big bowl. Done. See why I love making homemade salsa??
I chose to leave the peach skins on the fruit to make this as easy as possible, but I love the extra color it gives the mix.
It turns out like a sweet and spicy crunchy relish kind of salsa. I love how colorful and pretty it is!
We devoured this spicy peach salsa with tortilla chips but it would be even more perfect as a topping for fish tacos or grilled chicken or pork.
I could even see using it for a turkey burger with some pepper jack cheese.
You could also serve it as a side dish with my favorite rum glazed pork tenderloin.
More Fresh Peach Recipes
Got a few extra fresh peaches after making this salsa? You'll love these yummy peach recipes, I make them all summer long.
Sweet and Spicy Peach Salsa
- 3 firm ripe peaches small diced
- ½ small red onion small diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper ribs and seeds removed, minced
- ½ red pepper small diced
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Dash of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried chipotle chile pepper
- Chop the peaches and remove the pits. There's no reason to peel the peaches, the skin adds texture and color.
- Chop the onion.
- Cut the stem from the jalapeño and slice the pepper in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the ribs and seeds and discard them. Mince the remaining pepper.
- Chop the red pepper and the cilantro.
- Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the top, add a sprinkle of kosher salt and the dried chiptole chile pepper powder. Toss everything together with a spoon.
- Cover and chill until time to serve.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!