You’ve Been Booed! Did surprise goodies land on your doorstep this Halloween season? Pay it forward to your friends and neighbors with these fun Halloween treats for kids to bake.
Halloween is so much more fun when shared with friends. While Thanksgiving and Christmas can come with their own sets of stresses and obligations, I love that Halloween is just pure silly fun.
The girls and I don’t love anything too-scary, but we do love goofy, spooky Halloween decorations and treats. If your kids love to bake as mine do, why not use Halloween as an excuse to surprise friends with some homemade goodies??
Have you heard about the “You’ve Been Booed!” Tradition?
Maybe your family has already been booed. Maybe you’re looking to kickstart the fun in your neighborhood or friend group. I’ve got everything you need to have fun booing your friends:
- FREE “You’ve Been Booed!” printable gift tags and signs.
- EASY treat recipes your kids can bake.
- FUN store-bought goodies to use in a pinch.
Free “You’ve Been Booed!” Printables:
I’ve taken the work out of it for you. These adorable printables are just the right size for printing on your home printer on regular 8 x 11.5 paper. Simply print and cut with scissors.
You’ll want to include both the gift tag on your treats and the “We’ve Been Booed!” sign so your friend can proudly display the notice and not get booed twice.
EASY Halloween treats for kids to bake to “Boo” their friends:
This is the super fun part! There are dozens of adorable ideas in my new cookbook:
The Ultimate Kids’ Baking Book.
Just a few examples include:
- Candy Corn Fudge
- Chocolate Eyeball Truffles
- Chocolate Cauldron Cups
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Fall Color Cookies
Each recipe is perfect for kids to bake almost completely on their own. I wrote the instructions as thoroughly as possible for any beginner baker to have success.
I’m going to be demonstrating the Apple Cider Donuts on Charlotte Today next week Wednesday. I’ll be sure to swing back and post the video so you can watch it!
“You’ve Been Booed!”: How to participate if you don’t bake:
No worries, participating in the “You’ve Been Booed” fun does NOT require homemade goodies! That’s just how our family rolls. If you’d still like to surprise your neighbors, here are some fun things you could pick up at the store and use our free printable to dress up:
Movie Night Treats:
Perfect snacks for watching one of our not-so-spooky Halloween movies for kids.
- Apple Cider drink packets (the powdered kind by the hot cocoa)
- Microwave popcorn packets
- A bag of Halloween M&Ms
Trick or Treat Night Survival:
Give them something without so much candy/sugar as fun snacks to eat before they head out for the big night.
- Peanut butter granola bars
- Individually wrapped cheese sticks with hand-drawn ghost faces
- Mandarin orange fruit cups with jack-o-lanterns drawn on
- Or any of the supplies for our fun Halloween snacks that kids can make here
- A package of glow sticks for the kids to wear in the dark
Looking for more Halloween fun for your family?
Don’t miss some of our favorite Halloween tricks and treats!
- 18 ridiculously easy Halloween recipes kids can help make
- Can’t find it in stores? How to make a DIY Rae Dunn Halloween display
- 21 whimsical Harry Potter snacks in a wand’s flick
- This caramel apple pizza can be made in just minutes