Apple Cinnamon Chex Mix has an apple cider and butter base for a sweet cereal snack mix tossed with yogurt covered raisins and dried apple chips.
I love having homemade snack mixes on hand for my kids as a special lunch box surprise or after school snack.
They both love my favorite sweet & spicy honey sriracha Chex Mix recipe but I wanted to try something a little different this fall.
Little Pea is currently obsessed with green apples and absolutely loves my dried apple slices recipe.
I had some dried apples left and thought it would be fun to create an entire snack mix around them!
Why This is the Best Recipe
We love apples, we love cinnamon, we love cereal snack mixes, this treat combines all 3!
I think this is the best apple cinnamon Chex Mix recipe because:
- Big Flavor: When you start with Cinnamon Chex, you already have oodles of cinnamon flavor. Then go and add apple cider and more apple pie spices? Heaven.
- Quick Prep: Just stir the melted butter together with seasonings and apple cider and pour it over the cereal. The rest of the job is just waiting!
- Healthy Mix-Ins: Add dried apple slices and yogurt covered raisins, this is a Chex mix you won't mind feeding the kids.
You only need a few easy ingredients to make my homemade apple cinnamon Chex Mix:
- Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- Apple Cider: I recommend the thick apple cider often sold in the produce section, regular apple juice is too thin and not seasoned enough.
- Dried Apple Slices: You can buy apple chips at the grocery store but my dried apple slices recipe would work great, too.
- Yogurt Covered Raisins
OPTIONAL: My pumpkin spice pecans would be a fun addition to this Chex Mix if you have some leftover.
Preheat the oven to 250°F.
Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
Melt the butter in the microwave and add the seasonings, whisk to combine.
Pour in the apple cider and stir.
Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and toss gently to coat.
Pour the cereal into a large ungreased baking pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Assemble the Chex Mix
Once the cereal has completely cooled, break up the apple chips and stir them into the cereal with the yogurt covered raisins.
I think they mimic the flavors of apple pie a la mode!
The raisins and dried apples add a wonderful crunchy and chewy texture to the snack mix.
There are several other delicious mix ins you could add to apple cinnamon Chex mix:
- mini marshmallows
- chopped pecans
- cheddar crackers (for a cheddar apple pie twist!)
- butterscotch chips
There are so many great reasons to serve this fun Chex mix to your family.
Why not add a bowl to your Halloween snacks line-up for movie night?
Or, queue up one of these 30 movies to watch with tweens and use this in place of popcorn.
More Easy Chex Mix Recipes
Homemade Chex Mix is such an easy way to use up leftover dried fruits, nuts, and candies in your pantry but these easy Chex Mix recipes are so good you'll want to run to the store to grab the ingredients to make them:
Apple Cinnamon Chex Mix
- 1 (12 oz) box Cinnamon Chex
- 6 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 package dried apple chips
- ½ cup yogurt covered raisins
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add the seasonings, whisk to combine. Pour in the apple cider and stir. Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and toss gently to coat. Pour the cereal into a large uncreased baking pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let the cereal cool completely before tossing together the cereal, apple chips, and raisins. Store in an air-tight container for a week.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!