Chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites are the easiest way to turn store bought peanut butter pretzel nuggets into a chocolate coated snack mix for a Halloween party or special fall event.
Homemade peanut butter pretzel bites are an easy treat to make for the holidays but this chocolate peanut butter pretzel bite recipe is the easiest of them all.
Using store bought peanut butter pretzel nuggets, all you have to do is melt the chocolate and decorate them to make a delicious party snack mix that everyone will love.
With just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make, this will be your new go-to movie night treat all season long.
If you need a treat to bring to a Halloween party or Thanksgiving, this would be a perfect one to have in your pocket!
Why This is the Best Recipe
Snack mixes are always a popular thing to bring to or serve at a party but I think this is the best chocolate peanut butter pretzel bite recipe because:
- 3 Ingredients: Your shopping list is SO SHORT and budget-friendly.
- 5 Minutes: Just melt the chocolate, that's the part that takes the most time.
- No Bake: This is a great dessert for kids to bake if you don't feel comfortable with them around the oven just yet.
- Festive and Fun: Mix up the color of sprinkles or the color of the candies you toss in and this could match any holiday event you need.
There are just 3 ingredients to make this easy recipe:
- Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets: You can buy the big tub at a warehouse store like Costco.
- Chocolate Chips
- Coated Candies: I used Reese's Pieces to add more peanut butter flavor but you could choose colorful M&M candies to match the holiday if you prefer.
OPTIONAL: The last ingredient is optional, you can add festive sprinkles to the mix to match your party theme if you like.
Melt the Chocolate
The best way to melt the chocolate chips for this recipe is in a double boiler but you don't need any fancy equipment to make that happen.
I just put one of my metal mixing bowls over a pot of water.
Bring the water to a gentle simmer over medium-high heat and stir the chocolate chips while they melt.
Once they are smooth, remove the mixing bowl from the heat and drizzle the chocolate over the pretzels.
Decorate the Pretzel Bites
I used a fork to drizzle the chocolate over the pretzels.
It made a bit of a mess, so be sure to wear an apron and keep the pretzels on a piece of parchment paper for easy clean up.
Before the chocolate sets, add the sprinkles if you plan to use them and sprinkle the candies on top.
This lets the candies stick to the chocolate to form more of a chocolate pretzel bite.
Christmas Chocolate Pretzel Bites: Use red & green holiday M&Ms.
New Year's Eve Pretzel Bites: Use blue and white M&Ms with silvery sparkly sprinkles.
Valentine's Pretzel Bites: Use red and pink holiday M&Ms.
I served these yummy chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites as a Halloween movie snack when we watched The Witches. My kids LOVED them.
I think this recipe would be perfect as a Halloween party treat or even a festive Thanksgiving dessert for the kids.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- 4 cups peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- Festive sprinkles
- Spread the peanut butter pretzels in a single layer on a piece of parchment paper or wax paper and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips in a metal mixing bowl over a saucepan filled with water. Heat the pot of water over medium-high heat and stir the chocolate chips until they are smooth and melted.
- Use a fork or thin spatula to drizzle and flick the chocolate over the pretzels. Sprinkle the candies and sprinkles over the top and let cool before serving.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!