Bruschetta pizza is a quick 5 minute dinner you can make with a pair of naan breads from the bakery department, a tub of bruschetta topping, and some shredded cheese. Serve it as a light dinner, an easy appetizer flatbread, or as part of a heartier meal.
My youngest daughter and I are absolutely in love with fancy bruschetta appetizers when we dine out so I just had to try and make Italian bruschetta al pomodoro at home.
My recipe made a big batch of the tomato topping and I had some leftover in the fridge.
We decided it would taste even better as a quick and easy bruschetta pizza on broiled naan breads with mozzarella cheese.
It was such a delicious and easy busy night dinner, I just had to share!
Why This is the Best Recipe
Pizza is its own food group in our family. We love to make homemade pizzas with our favorite bread maker pizza dough or even a store bought pizza crust.
I think this is the best bruschetta pizza recipe because:
- Super Fast: Using a naan bread for the crust and leftover bruschetta topping (or a tub from the store) makes this a 5-minute recipe!
- Light and Satisfying: When fresh tomatoes are in season, this is such a delicious light dinner.
- Meatless / Vegetarian-Friendly: Need an easy meatless meal? This veggie-heavy pizza is a perfect choice.
This quick and easy dinner is perfect for a busy night because all you need to make it is:
- Bruschetta Topping: You can use leftover homemade bruschetta or even buy it in a prepared tub at the grocery store or Trader Joe's
- Prepared Pizza Crusts: I used a package of naan breads from the bakery aisle. You could use a prepared pizza crust or flatbread.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: For a quick dinner, bagged mozzarella will work just fine. You could also use an Italian Cheese Blend if you can find it. If you want it to be even more delicious, hand grate fresh mozzarella.
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
Prep the Pizza Crust
If you're using the smaller naan breads like I did, line them up in a single layer on a baking sheet.
If you're using a prepared pizza crust that doesn't fit on a baking sheet, try a pizza pan or baking stone.
Brush the top with olive oil and a sprinkle of the garlic salt.
Sprinkle the pizza crust with the shredded cheese leaving just a small border around the edge like this:
Preheat the oven to 375°F with the top oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler element.
Bake the pizzas for 8 minutes to melt the cheese and warm the pizza crust through.
Turn on the broiler and toast the pizzas for 2 minutes or until the cheese has bubbled and the edges have turned golden brown.
Be sure to watch them carefully, they can burn quickly.
Add the Bruschetta Topping
Finally, sprinkled the prepared bruschetta topping over the surface of the pizza.
I love the combination of cold tomatoes and hot cheesy pizza but if you let the bruschetta pizzas sit for a minute or two, the warmth from the pizza will warm through the tomatoes.
If you like even more cheese on your pizza, you could turn this into a caprese salad pizza and just add fresh diced tomatoes and diced fresh mozzarella with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
If you want to have the most delicious pizza ever, you could make this with my easy bread maker pizza dough. Just use my homemade pokey sticks recipe but don't cut it into breadsticks form, top with the bruschetta topping and slice.
I served this easy bruschetta pizza as a light dinner for my daughter and I on a busy night before dance class and we both absolutely loved it.
Serve the chicken on the salad or dice it up and add it to the pizza topping.
- 2 prepared naan breads or 1 large prepared pizza crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups tomato bruschetta topping can be homemade or store bought
- Preheat the oven to 375°F with the top oven rack 6 inches from the broiler.
- Place the naan breads on a baking sheet and brush the tops with olive oil. Sprinkle the garlic salt over the top of each bread. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top leaving a small border around the perimeter to form the pizza crust.
- Bake the prepared pizzas for 8 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil the pizzas for 2 minutes or until the cheese has bubbled up and is starting to brown.
- Top the hot pizzas with the prepared bruschetta topping. The warmth from the pizza will warm through the tomatoes if you let it sit for just 1 minute before serving.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!