Cream cheese with pepper jelly served on crispy butter crackers is the easiest holiday appetizer ever. Serve this garnished with fresh rosemary for a perfect nibble for your next get together.
That bright red pepper jelly spooned over stark white cream cheese is such an elegant and easy appetizer to keep on hand for the holiday season.
Looking for a homemade gift to add to a gift basket?
Tuck a jar of the red jelly and some fancy crackers in with a fun cheese spreader and a print-out of the recipe card below. Or better yet, rewrite the recipe on a pretty recipe card in your very own handwriting!
Why This is the Best Recipe
With just two main ingredients and practically no time to assemble, I think this is the best cream cheese with pepper jelly recipe because:
- Last-Minute Entertaining: You can keep the ingredients in your fridge and pantry and be ready to serve this holiday snack in minutes.
- Creamy with a Kick: Red pepper jelly definitely has some heat but isn't overly "spicy". Pair it with a cool and creamy brick of cream cheese on a sweet butter cracker, and it is a very munchable snack for a get together.
- So Festive and Pretty: With no effort at all, you can have a darling little appetizer to serve on a pretty plate that will make any cocktail table look more festive.
This ridiculously easy appetizer only requires 2 ingredients with a few optional extras:
- Cream Cheese: Use a regular full-fat brick cream cheese. It spreads best, tastes best, and makes for a much prettier presentation.
- Red Pepper Jelly: Any brand will work but I especially love this Stonewall Kitchen red pepper jelly.
- Fresh Rosemary: This makes for a very festive garnish during the holiday season.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: Optional, only use if you like things extra spicy. Just sprinkle them right in with the jelly when you heat it up in the microwave.
- Butter Crackers: The traditional option for serving but any entertaining cracker will work just fine.
This easy appetizer works best when the cream cheese is softened and ready to spread on a cracker but honestly it doesn't take very long for the cheese to come to room temperature.
You could assemble this recipe on your serving plate and let it rest on the snack table. By the time friends are ready to dig in, the cream cheese will be ready to go!
You'll heat the red pepper jelly in the microwave just long enough to make it spoonable over the cream cheese.
My sweet and sour meatballs can be kept warm in a crockpot nearby and would add another boost of sweet and savory goodness to your party.
Cream Cheese with Pepper Jelly
- 1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup red pepper jelly
- Butter crackers for serving
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature on the pretty plate you plan to serve this appetizer.
- Place the hot pepper jelly in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH for 30 seconds and stir.
- Spoon the warmed jelly over the top of the cream cheese. Garnish with the fresh rosemary and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes if you prefer it even spicier.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!