Easy Crockpot tortellini soup is made with ground beef and plenty of savory vegetables for an easy, hearty soup for a busy night.
The only thing I love more than Soup Season is the ease of a delicious slowcooker soup.
This super simple crockpot tortellini soup is loaded with savory vegetables and tender ground beef for a stick-to-your-ribs dinner on a busy weeknight or lazy weekend.
The pretty red tomato-based broth and the bright green beans make this a fun soup to serve during the holiday season if you want to set up an easy buffet for a crowd.
Just pair it with your favorite sandwiches or my yummy homemade garlic bread for a comforting dinner that is almost as easy as a dump and go recipe!
This easy crockpot recipe requires just a few wholesome ingredients that can be prepped in just minutes:
- Ground Beef: You could substitute ground pork, ground turkey, or ground chicken if you prefer.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Canned French Onion Soup
- Frozen Green Beans
- Fresh Zucchini
- Refrigerated Cheese Tortellini: You could substitute any flavor of tortellini you love and either skip the ground meat or make sure the flavors coordinate.
- Died Basil
Be sure to check the recipe card at the bottom for quantities and instructions.
Brown the Ground Beef
The first step to making this easy soup is to brown the ground beef in a large skillet.
Crumble the meat as it cooks and once it is no longer pink, drain any fat that has rendered from the meat from the skillet.
Add to the Crockpot and Cook
Once the meat is browned and strained of the excess fat, add the meat to the crockpot along with all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the tortellini.
Stir everything together and cook on HIGH for 3 - 4 hours or on LOW for 6 - 7 hours.
Add the Tortellini
Once the vegetables and meat have had a chance to simmer in the crockpot, it is time to finally add the tortellini.
Stir them in and simply cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until just tender.
Be careful to not overcook the tortellini or they will get too soft and mushy.
This delicious soup recipe is perfect all by itself but to make it into a memorable meal, I recommend adding a batch of warm, fresh bread.
If you prefer oven baked bread, try this no knead artisan bread or simply warm up a loaf of bread from the grocery store bakery for a few minutes in the oven.
There are several ways you could play with this recipe to make it unique:
- Spicy Tortellini Soup: Add a heavy shake of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to the ground beef. Add a chopped bell pepper to the soup mix.
- Vegetarian Tortellini Soup: Skip the ground beef and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- Vegetable Tortellini Soup: Add baby spinach or a bag of frozen mixed vegetables in addition to the green beans.
- Chicken Tortellini Soup: Add a shredded rotisserie chicken instead of the ground beef.
Crockpot Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (9 oz) bag of frozen green beans
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 (9 oz) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. When the meat is no longer pink, drain off the extra fat from the skillet and transfer the beef to the slowcooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for the tortellini: tomatoes through the water. Stir them together and cook on LOW for 6 - 7 hours or on HIGH for 3 - 4 hours.
- Stir the soup and add the tortellini to the slowcooker. Cook for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the tortellini are tender but firm.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!