This fluffy and creamy peanut butter dip is the perfect after school snack with fresh apples and salty pretzels.
When apples are crisp and juicy and perfectly in season, nothing is better than dipping them in this creamy peanut butter apple dip!
When the kids come in starving after school and you want to serve them a healthy apple snack, this dip is the perfect solution because it also offers a little bit of protein to the mix.
You can store the peanut butter dip in single-serving containers for an easy grab and go snack with a bag of pre-cut apple wedges and some salty pretzels for dunking.
Why This is the Best Recipe
There are lots of easy after school snacks you can make for the kids but I think this is the best peanut butter apple dip recipe because:
- Just 3 Ingredients: The short list of items needed keeps this budget friendly and easy to make!
- Fast & Easy: You'll be done prepping the dip in no time and the kids can enjoy it all week long.
- Filled with Protein: The peanut butter and cream cheese will help the snack give lasting energy to hungry kids but the sweet marshmallow creme and juicy apples give a quick burst of energy.
The peanut butter dip is made with just three simple ingredients:
- Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- Marshmallow Fluff / Marshmallow Creme
- Cream Cheese: You can use fat-free, reduced fat, or full fat cream cheese.
Creamy Peanut Butter vs. Crunchy Peanut Butter
Creamy peanut butter definitely works better than crunchy peanut butter when it comes to mixing together this creamy dip.
If you want more crunchy peanut texture, simply fold in a few chopped peanuts to the mix or sprinkle them on top of the serving bowl.
I love to add a few chopped honey roasted peanuts for flavor and texture.
How to Make It
Soften the cream cheese. Add it to a large mixing bowl and beat it with a handmixer until smooth.
Add the peanut butter and marshmallow cream and fold them in until evenly combined.
Be sure to store the prepared peanut butter dip in an airtight container in the fridge.
It will last for at least a week, longer if the cream cheese is fresh.
If you plan to pack it for a snack on the go, be sure to include an ice pack for the lunch bag.
This delicious creamy peanut butter apple dip tastes great with fresh slices of juicy apples, salty pretzels, or even hearty crackers.
As I mentioned, I love to sprinkle a few honey roasted peanuts right on top of the serving bowl. They look pretty and taste fantastic with the dip.
You could use it as a fluffernutter peanut butter sandwich spread and slice the apples thinly. Assemble on a delicious oatmeal bread for a fun lunch.
Creamy Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 8 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese softened
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the three ingredients together with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Garnish with honey roasted peanuts (optional) and serve alongside apples & pretzels.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!