Learn how to make a classic turtle sundae that will beat any other ice cream treat, hands down. Keep the ingredients in the fridge so you're ready whenever the latest craving hits.
For the Ultimate Turtle Sundae you must start with creamy vanilla ice cream:
Then you must add homemade caramel sauce. My favorite is the sea salt and vanilla bean caramel found here.
Next comes homemade hot fudge.
Then you top the whole thing with chopped salted pecans (preferably toasted and warm!) and a maraschino cherry. Even if you don't eat maraschino cherries they are essential to the overall presentation!
So have I tempted you? What's your favorite ice cream treat this summer?
The Ultimate Turtle Sundae
- 2 scoops of the best quality vanilla ice cream or frozen custard you can find we love Tillamook brand
- Homemade caramel sauce *See Note
- Hot fudge sauce
- 2 tablespoon pecans chopped and salted
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Toast the Pecans: Place the pecans on a cookie sheet and warm in the oven at 350°F for 3 minutes.
Assemble the Sundae:
- Meanwhile, scoop the ice cream into a bowl.
- Heat the caramel sauce and hot fudge in the microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds and stir.
- Drizzle the sauces over the ice cream, sprinkle with the warmed pecans, and top with a maraschino cherry.
Save This Recipe to Your Recipe Box
Find this delicious recipe next time you visit by saving it to your very own recipe box on my site. All your favorites stored in one easy place!