Looking for the best book club picks for 2021? We've been picking the perfect book club books for 7 years! Join us in a year filled with fun, lighthearted books that will make you smile, have you quickly turning pages, and eager to chat about your latest read.
Are you resolving to read more in the new year? The Peanut Blossom Book Club for Recovering Readers is the very best book club for busy moms who struggle to make time to read.
If you used to devour books before the kids came along but can't remember the last time you picked up something that didn't have pictures on every page, you're in the right place!
We are a group of friends who have been chatting about books on Facebook for the last 6+ years and we would love to have you join us.
What Makes the Best Book Club Pick?
- We read only FUN, light-hearted books.
- We avoid tear jerkers.
- We don't take our book picks too seriously, reading is for pleasure.
- We read a wide variety of genres throughout the year: romance, historical fiction, magical realism, fantasy, and mystery all make the rotation year after year.
- We look for a variety of voices in both authors and characters.
This Is NOT For You If . . .
- Needs long-grinding 500+ page books to feel accomplished
- Wants each line of the book to be a mental challenge
- Desires books with great, lasting, classical importance
This Is DEFINITELY For You If . . .
- Is desperately busy and struggles to find time to read
- Used to love reading for fun before family-life became so all-encompassing
- Misses chatting with friends over a fun book
- Needs something light to relieve the burdens of the day
- Wants a book club with flexibility and NO RULES or deadlines
- Knows that occasionally reading picks outside of your comfort zone is the best way to find new favorite authors and genres
Does this sound like you? Then, welcome!
How To Join Our Book Club
1. Follow along on Facebook:
Every month, I post monthly discussion threads for each book inside our private Facebook book club. Join us here.
You'll discover our group is filled with kind, upbeat people who just love to share their new favorite reads. We talk about all books, not just the official monthly picks. It's a great place to get new recommendations all year long.
Need help finding a book on a specific topic? Looking for recommendations for books to share with your kids? Want to share something you've enjoyed? Members are eager to chat about whatever you are reading or want to read all year long.
2. Sign up for email updates:
Nothing is worse than having an exciting announcement and knowing that social media algorithms will filter and prevent me from getting the news to you. I don't want Facebook deciding what you see and what you don't.
When you sign up for my email newsletter, I will send you all the reminders you need for our book list all year long. I've got lots of goodies planned for 2021, you won't want to miss out.
You'll also be added to my weekly newsletter where I share fun seasonal recipes and ideas for you to enjoy your family more.
GET ON THE LIST HERE:
Now that you're in the club, just grab the next book in the list that calls your attention and get reading!
The OFFICIAL List of Best Book Club Books for 2021
Here we go! This is the moment we've been waiting for:
I'm thrilled to announce the complete line-up of book club picks for 2021.
I can't wait to read these with you.
The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
Genre: Magical Realism
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Genre: Australian Humorous Fiction
Real Men Knit by Kwana Jackson
Genre: Multicultural Romance
The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
Genre: LGBT Humorous Fantasy Fiction
The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
Genre: Asian American Fiction
The Lager Queen of Minnesota by J. Ryan Stradal
Genre: Women's Domestic Life Fiction
You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria
Genre: Hispanic American Fiction
Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
Genre: Teen and Young Adult Step Family Fiction
Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional Ladies by Vicky Zimmerman
Genre: Women's Friendship Fiction
Romanov by Nadine Brandes
Genre: Teen and Young Adult Historical Fantasy
The Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
Genre: Multicultural Holiday Fiction
Every December we do a "reader's choice" month where you pick your own book. We will celebrate together with our popular Pay it Forward Book Exchange on Facebook.
Even though you are welcome to choose anything you want to read this month, I always come prepared with some fun ideas to get you started!