Beach family photos are the best way to capture and remember your priceless family vacation time. We love to display these in our home all year round. Don’t miss the awesome list of beach photo prompts at the end of this post.
Our family is counting down the days until our next trip to the beach. We are so excited to wiggle our toes in the sand and do some wave jumping! We wait all year long for our annual weekend at the shore and do our best to capture all the memories to tide us over until the next visit.
I always try to plan out a little informal beach family photos session of the girls for one morning during the trip. Last year it was an impromptu moment right after dinner when the beach was quiet with the sun starting to set where I caught the girls relaxing and enjoying our first night.
So on top of the pretty individual pictures of each girl and several of the two of them standing at the water’s edge, I also captured this adorable set of beach drawings. Tim and I had been gazing out at the waves chatting for a few minutes and when we turned back around, the Peanut had written a message for us in the sand! When Little Pea saw our pleased reaction, she refused to be left out of the fun and promptly added her own little flair to the scene with a drawing of the whole family with a heart:
These simple pictures turned out to be one of my very favorite sets from the whole trip and completely capture my sweet girls at this age.
We plucked a bucket’s worth of seashells from the beach that weekend with the intention to do something special with them once we got home. They’ve been sitting in a mason jar on top of our piano for almost a year! I was way too excited when Melissa & Doug came out with this adorable Beach memories sand casting kit this spring. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with our shells!
But when I pulled them out, the girls said they’d prefer to keep last year’s shells in the jar and take the Beach Memories kit with us back to the beach this year for the next crop of shells. We are so excited to play with it together. I know it will be another perfect photo prompt for us too! I’d love to frame up some pictures of our shell hunting sessions for display next to the final project.
Does your family enjoy heading to the beach in the summer? Be sure to check out my fun photo prompts below before you go!
P.S. You can find the Beach Memories sand casting kit right here and be sure to check out these adorable decorate your own photo frame craft kits. They make the perfect summer project for the kids and you’ll have a fun spot to display your new photo prints!
20 priceless beach family photos you have to take on your next vacation:
(Note: These photo prompts assume you have a 2nd adult with you who will keep 100% of their attention on the safety of the kids near the water while your hands are full with the camera.)
- Little hands holding fistfuls of shells
- Buried in the sand with just their heads and chests popping up
- Close-up of their sunglasses and/or sunhat
- A sand pail filled with shells
- Little toes covered in sand
- Jumping high
- Sitting down at the water’s edge looking out
- Sand castle in progress
- Burying daddy in the sand
- Jumping in the waves
- Laying in a tide pool
- Hunting for live creatures (starfish, crabs, etc.) with close-ups of any of the finds
- Writing a message in the sand
- Drawing a picture in the sand
- Handprints/foot prints in the sand
- Splashing water at each other
- Lounging on the beach towel or chair
- Resting with a snack or drink
- Reading a waterproof picture book on a blanket
- Holding up a pinwheel to the wind
Peanut Blossom is proud to be a Melissa & Doug Blog Ambassador. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, then you’ll really love:
Family beach photography ideas and inspiration:
Capturing family photos at the beach has become my favorite summer pass time. If you want more tips and tricks, you won’t want to miss these helpful posts.
- 4 fun beach picture ideas you’ll be so excited to share
- How to keep your DSLR camera clean at the beach
- A no-pose posing tip for beach photography
- Restoring blue beach skies with Lightroom’s gradient filter
- 29 tips for beach photography