Once upon a time, I was an avid reader.
And then I had kids and lost my way. Between the diaper changes and playdates, pediatrician visits and everyday exhaustion, where was there any time to read?!
Now my girls are older and I’m finding my way back to my long lost love. I’m inviting YOU to join me. We as moms of little ones (or not so little ones!) can’t always make it to an in-person book club meeting. There is nothing worse than having read the book but then missing the meeting! It’s happened to me several times, I know firsthand.
So I’ve launched the Peanut Blossom Book Club for Recovering Readers to help encourage moms like me to discuss a common book once a month. The beauty of the plan? It’s all online so you can come in your jammies or check in while rocking your sick baby.
No babysitter? No problem.
We meet on Facebook once a month. Want to know the current pick? Just join our group and jump in on the chatter! It’s a phenomenal group of ladies just like you.
And if something comes up and you miss our chat? I document the ENTIRE THING for you to check in on at your convenience.
You can view each of our recent chats in the posts below! So click on one that looks good, read the book and join the chat!
Can’t wait to have you join us,
The Official Peanut Blossom Book Club for Recovering Readers Selections:
Use these as a guide for hosting your own book club or join us online here!
Year 6: Our 2020 book club books
You can read the best book club books for 2020 here.
Year 5: Our 2019 book club books
You can view the whole 2019 book club picks here.
Year 4: Our 2018 book club picks
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan
- The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn
- My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella
- Close Enough to Touch by Colleen Oakley
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews
- Slightly South of Simple by Kristy Woodson Harvey
- The House at the Edge of Night by Catherine Banner
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Year 3: Our 2017 book club picks
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- The One That Got Away by Bethany Chase
- The Royal Nanny by Karen Harper
- The Book That Matters Most
- The Charm Bracelet by Viola Shipman
- The Bette Davis Club by Jane Lotter
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown
- The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- The Secret Ingredient of Wishes by Susan Bishop Crispell
Year 2: Our 2016 book club discussions
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner
- The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
- The Night Garden by Lisa Van Allen
- No Ordinary Life by Suzanne Redfearn
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
- A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- America’s First Daughter by Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- Delicious by Ruth Reichl
Year 1: Fantastic 2015 book club selections
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Eleanor and Park byt Rainbow Rowell
- The Storied Life of AJ Fikry
- The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
- A Vintage Affair
- Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas
- Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews
- The Union Street Bakery by Mary Ellen Taylor
- The Bungalow by Sara Jio
- The Magician’s Lie by Greer Macallister