We are speeding towards January 1, it's time to finally reveal the details for Project 2012!
For 2012, I'm mixing things up even more and you have three separate opportunities to join me!
1. Project 52: I'll be taking 1-3 photos per week, likely to be lifestyle portraits of my girls. This is a continuation of this year's project because I've enjoyed the results so much. More manageable than a 365 but still a wonderful way to capture your world in a year.
2. "10 on 10": This is an absolutely new challenge for me. On the 10th of each month I plan to take one photo an hour for 10 consecutive hours. It is a condensed version of my annual Day in the Life project but spread out throughout the year. I love the simplicity of focusing one day a month on photography and sharing just 10 photos from the effort. I love this way of representing a year in my family's life.
3. Monthly Inspiration Challenge: Finally, I am going to be hosting a monthly creative challenge that will center around one word per month. I'll announce the new word and we'll all have 30 days to capture an image that represents the word. I can't wait to share comparisons of different visions of one concept.
My camera tools of choice this year will be:
– My Canon DSLR
– My point & shoot: I'm dusting it off so I can be a better resource for you
– My iPhone equipped with Instagram
This is a project truly open to anyone at any skill set or level of interest/time commitment:
Whether you think you can manage one photo a day or only one photo a month, there will be some aspect to this project that fits your level of interest. You can participate in just one or all three of my proposed challenges or any combination thereof!
And the best news?! I'm thrilled to announce I have recruited some Official Helpers for the project. The key to actually completing this kind of project is support. I could never even consider doing this for a third year in a row if it weren't for the other group participants cheering me on. I'd love to introduce you to the 2012 official cheerleaders: Mary Beth, Tricia, and Zina. I'll have introduction posts on each special lady in the coming days so you can get to know them a little better.
So, are you on board?! I know this was a lot of info, more helpful details and explanation are coming: I won't leave you hanging and overwhelmed. We are in this together!
If you're interested, all you need to do right now is:
– sign up to be a member of the official group over on Flickr
I hope you'll give it a chance. Let's develop our skills together!