- 24 Hawaiian rolls or small soft butter rolls
- 24 thin slices of deli ham
- 6 pre-wrapped slices of American or cheddar cheese, break each slice into 4 quarters
- For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with tin foil. Line up the 24 buns in a single layer and open them. Lay one slice of ham and a quarter of cheese inside each bun and close.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients except the poppy seeds in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the sauce over the top of the buns. You can use a pastry brush to even it out as needed. Sprinkle the tops with the poppy seeds and then cover with a sheet of tin foil. Bake 10 minutes, remove the foil and bake 2 minutes longer. Serve warm.