- 3 large yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- 3 medium limes
- 1 packet SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- Place the tomato halves cut side down on a broiler-safe cooking pan. Brush olive oil over the tops of the tomatoes and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Broil for 2 minutes and then turn the tomatoes cut side up. Brush with a little more olive oil and salt & pepper. Broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t burn, it happens quickly. Remove pan from broiler and set tomatoes aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, zest the limes. Then, using a paring knife, carefully peel away the outer peel of each lime and cut into wedges. Puree the lime wedges with the SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, mint, and a sprinkle of salt in a food processor until smooth. Scrape the puree into a medium sized bowl.
- Pulse the cooled tomatoes in the food processor until a chunky salsa texture is achieved. Add the tomatoes to the lime puree. Add remaining garlic and chopped shallot to the mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate the salsa for at least one hour before serving.
- Makes excellent topping for grilled fish or alongside tortilla chips.