October has just been one of "those" months for me. I normally love fall and all that goes with it but our family has been going through some challenges the last couple weeks and I find I've really been in a funk. Additionally, this pregnancy has really proven to be something else for me. I find my energy and zest has just been drained right out of me and motivation has been quite elusive. It is deeper than the common exhaustion, I feel like it is affecting my soul. (Woah, such a drama queen here.) So after a string of too many days feeling sorry for myself, it was with complete gratitude that I discovered a wonderful message in my inbox this morning.
Remember my very first contest? The brilliant and clever Marie a.k.a. Courtepointe was the lucky winner and received a charm pack of Mill House Inn fabrics. I had asked that she send me a photo of whatever project she turned it into and that speed queen has finished! She sent me these two lovely photos of a table topper she made from Rachel's Disappearing Nine Patch pattern.
I'm so jealous! I love how her project turned out. It is the first bit of inspiration I've felt all week and it might just be enough to get me back to my sewing machine after a 3 week break. I love the warm fuzzy I'm getting from looking at her photos, thanks so much, Marie, for sending these to me.
So with that, I think today is deserving of a Happy List. I know I need it, I would also love if you'd share your happy list in my comments. Maybe it will make us all feel just a little bit better.
My Happy List:
1. Being inspired by someone else's creativity enough to find a shred of motivation to pick myself up again.
2. Fresh pumpkin muffins for breakfast.
3. The glee on the peanut's face when she got to wear her Halloween costume out of the house today and over to her preschool party. We should all be that excited to wear something!
4. A stupid fluffy light-hearted romantic comedy waiting for me in the DVD player this evening.
5. A fresh playlist on my iPod for running errands today that is filled with pick-me-up tunes.
Happy Halloween, everyone! Hope your treat bags will be overflowing tomorrow. I'm going to try my best not to eat all my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups before the kiddos arrive at our door. It is an effort that is currently failing miserably.