- Marinade for the chicken:
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt (I prefer Fage Total 2%)
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning (I love Penzey’s.) OR oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- For serving:
- Warmed pitas (10 seconds in the microwave or heated under the broiler for a few moments.)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Homemade tzatziki sauce
- Salad greens
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Toss the chicken tenderloins to coat thoroughly and let chill in the fridge till dinner time. At least 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray. Line the chicken in a single layer on the pan. Broil on the rack one notch down from the top of the oven. 7 minutes on one side, flip the chicken with a pair of tongs and broil 5 minutes on the other side.
- Slice the chicken into strips and serve with the warmed pitas and toppings.
- Cuisine: Greek